Interlaw has won distinguished commendation as a top tier global law firm network in top global publications. Interlawyers have leading roles in leading bar associations and business organizations such as the International Bar Association, American Bar Association, and AmChams worldwide as well as corporate social responsibility role in local schools to national relief non-profits. Interlaw member firms are recognized annually for honors ranging from “Law Firm of the Year” to “Biggest Transaction of the Year” to “Top Practice” and “Premier Lawyer.” Here is a small sample of the respected journals and organizations that salute Interlaw Member Firms.
Click to see IFLR1000 2016 Financial and Corporate Recognitions
Aird & Berlis LLP has five members of the firm ranked in the Canada section of the 2016 edition of Chambers Global, a guide to the world’s leading business lawyers.
Aird & Berlis LLP’s Municipal & Land Use Planning Group was once again named the top firm in Novae Res Urbis’ (NRU) annual rankings of land development law firms in Toronto. Aird & Berlis LLP has consistently been ranked as one of the top firms in NRU’s annual ranking of the city’s most prominent planning and development firms since its inception 18 years ago. In this ranking, which looks at Ontario Municipal Board decisions and stories from August 2014 to July 2015, NRU noted that “the Aird & Berlis team of lawyers has once again outdone the rest of the competition. The firm continues to represent more clients at the board than any other, with a high rate of success.”
Aird & Berlis LLP is recognized as a leading firm in the 2016 edition of The Legal 500 Canada. The firm is featured across eight practice areas, with 16 lawyers recommended.
Aird & Berlis LLP is featured in Chambers Canada: Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2016. The publication recognized 12 Aird & Berlis LLP lawyers as top practitioners in its inaugural edition.
Thirty one members of the Aird & Berlis LLP team, across 23 practice areas, were selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada publication. In addition, John Mascarin was named the Best Lawyers’ 2016 Municipal Law “Lawyer of the Year” for Toronto.
Twenty seven members of the Aird & Berlis LLP team were recognized in The 2015 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as leading practitioners across 15 diverse practice areas.
Besides the recommendations in various legal listings, AKD won the following awards:
29 May 2015: AKD wins the “Gouden Spreekbuis 2015”, an annual award for the employer with the greatest improvement in image among students. The majority of students are positive about the firm. Even more important is the distinctiveness of AKD on the most important reason for students to make a choice for an employer: a pleasant atmosphere.
1 December 2014: AKD wins “Gouden Toga”, an award for best recruitment ad.
17 September 2014: AKD is chosen as Dutch Corporate Law Firm of the Year 2014 by M&A Awards, organized by Acquisition International Magazine.
2 September 2014: Annemieke Spijker wins Past Presidents’ Award AIJA
21 March 2014: AKD has won the Golden Hourglass Award 2014. This prize is awarded to the firm that has made an outstanding contribution in the field of business development. In the opinion of the jury, AKD’s entry was the most complete in terms of the implementation of business development within the company, the extent to which business development is integrated into its daily operations, and finally the measurement of the results of its business development.
13 December 2013: Laura de Jong winner ‘ Best Young Talent ‘ M&A Awards
Among the law firms in the Frankfurt region, Legal 500 lists predecessor firm Arnecke Siebold in the first tier and gives a special mention to the firms transport and real estate competence and the expertise of Thomas Hertl in media, press and sports law.
Among the law firms in the Munich region, Legal 500 lists predecessor firm Sibeth in the second tier and underlines their competence in all round consulting in employment law, company law and M&A transactions and the firms expertise in real estate law and energy law.
In the M&A ranking for national medium-sized deals (> 500 million euros), Legal 500 lists predecessor firm Arnecke Siebold in the second tier and emphasises the experience of partners Bernd Thalmann and Dr. Wolfgang Scholl.
In construction law, predecessor firm Sibeth takes one of the first places in the Legal 500 list. Specifically recommended experts include Dr. Maximilian Gutsche, Dr. Thomas Oswald, Prof. Dr. Antje Boldt and Thomas Richter.
The 2014/2015 JUVE Handbook lists the firm in three rankings: under “law firms in Munich”, under “other renowned law firms for public procurement law” and under “other renowned law firms for private construction law“. Partners Thomas Richter, Dr. Michael Grünwald and Prof. Dr. Antje Boldt are named specifically.
Legal Experts EMEA, an independently researched publication by Legal Business, issues a list of the “leading legal practitioners in Europe”. In the category of real estate and construction law, Legal Business lists Dr. Michael Grünwald, Thomas Richter and Jan Wunschel.
IP/IT Commercial (with sports and media)
According to the JUVE Handbook, Michael Siebold is one of the frequently recommended advisors for company law and sports law, partly because of his experience in the construction, financing and management of sporting venues.
In 2013 “The Lawyers World Magazine” listed predecessor firm Arnecke Siebold as the “Entertainment Law Firm of the Year: Germany”.
Renowned partner for aviation and transportation, Ulrich Steppler won the ILO Client Choice Award for the fourth time (after 2010, 2011 and 2014).
The Legal Expert Guide counts partners Holger Bürskens and Ulrich Steppler among the leading experts for aviation law, selected from legal practitioners in over 90 jurisdictions.
Who’s Who Legal has long regarded Ulrich Steppler as one of the leading legal practitioners for transportation law.
With the firms network L2B Aviation (l2bgroup.com) and TAL practice group, the firm is listed in the Chambers Global Ranking.
The JUVE handbook of German Commercial Law Firms 2014/2015 lists Holger Bürskens as a frequently recommended legal practitioner for transportation law.
Predecessor firm Arnecke Siebold, with its partners Holger Bürskens and Ulrich Steppler, is listed in the first tier for transportation law in the Legal 500.
The magazine Focus selected predecessor firm Arnecke Siebold as one of the top law firms for commercial law in the area of transportation law.
Costa Rica Law Firm of the Year – Chambers and Partners (2016)
Best Central American Law Firm 2016 – Silver Award – ILASA
Costa Rica Law Firm of the Year – IFLR1000 (2016)
Costa Rica Law Firm of the Year – Chambers and Partners (2015)
Costa Rica Law Firm of the Year – IFLR1000 (2015)
Recommended Firm- Latin Lawyer (2015)
Leading Firm – Legal 500 (2015)
Ecologic Blue Flag (2013/2014/2015/2016 five stars)
ProBono Leading Light (2014)
Costa Rica Law Firm of the Year – Chambers and Partners (2013)
Deal of the Year – IFLR1000 (2013)
Women in Law: Best Gender Diversity Initiative- Chambers and Partners 2012
Customer Service Award- Chambers and Partners (2012)
First Carbon Neutral Law Firm in Central America
Camilleri Preziosi has been ranked by Chambers and Partners as one of the leading law firms in Malta. Camilleri Preziosi was awarded band 1 status for Corporate / Commercial and Competition / European Law and band 2 for Financial Services and Dispute Resolution. On an individual lawyer level with two partners ranked in band 1 for Corporate and Commercial work (Louis de Gabriele and Henri Mizzi), one partner for Competition and European law work (Henri Mizzi) and another partner has been ranked in band 1 for financial services work (Louis de Gabriele). Camilleri Preziosi has been acclaimed as a Top Tier law firm in no less than 3 practice areas by Legal500: Banking & Finance, Corporate and M&A and Real Estate and Construction. Two partners have been listed as “Leading Lawyers”: Louis de Gabriele in Corporate and M&A and Henri Mizzi in Dispute Resolution. Camilleri Preziosi has also been recommended in 4 other practice areas as a Second Tier firm in Aviation, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property and Shipping. Camilleri Preziosi has been acclaimed as a Top Tier law firm by IFLR1000 in the Financial and Corporate practice area. Louis de Gabriele has been ranked as a leading lawyer in the field.
Camilleri Preziosi has been ranked by Chambers and Partners. Camilleri Preziosi was awarded band 1 status for Corporate/Commercial and Competition/European Law and band 2 for Financial Services and Dispute Resolution. On an individual lawyer level with two partners ranked in band 1 for corporate and commercial work (Henri Mizzi and Louis de Gabriele), one partner has been in ranked in Band 1 in Competition / European Law (Henri Mizzi) whilst one partner has been ranked in Band 1 for financial services work (Louis de Gabriele). Other partners have been ranked in Band 2 in Competition / European Law (Aaron Galea Cavallazzi) and in Dispute Resolution (Henri Mizzi, Louis de Gabriele and Marisa Vella).
Camilleri Preziosi has been acclaimed as a Top Tier law firm in no less than 3 practice areas by Legal500: Banking, Finance & Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A and Real Estate and Construction. Camilleri Preziosi has also been recommended in 4 other practice areas as a Second Tier firm in Aviation, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property and Shipping. Camilleri Preziosi has been acclaimed as a Top Tier law firm by IFLR1000 in the Financial and Corporate practice area.
Chambers & Partners, 2017 ‘‘Leading Firm”
Legal 500 Europe, Middle East and Africa – 2017 ”Leading Firm” , ”Top Tier”, ”Next Generation Lawyer”, ”Leading Individual”
– IFLR1000 2017 – Financial and Corporate
– Asialaw Profiles 2017
– Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017
– Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific 2017
– World Trademark Review 1000 2017
- World’s Leading Real Estate Lawyers
- Chambers Global – Leaders in their field (Marc Rubin, Fredric Carsley and Pierre Setlakwe) Lexpert Legal Directory
- Lexpert’s Guide to the 500 Leading Lawyers in Canada
- Lexpert’s Rising Stars – Leading Lawyers Under 40 (Stéphanie La Rocque)Martindale Hubbell
- International Who’s Who Legal
- Best Lawyers in Canada
- Best Lawyers in Canada for Real Estate and Construction law
- Top-Listed in Washington in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law with 5 lawyers.
- Top-Listed in Washington in Real Estate Law with 7 lawyers.
- Top-Listed in Washington in Municipal Law with 2 lawyers.
- Top-Listed in Washington in Litigation – Banking & Finance with 1 lawyer.
- Top-Listed in Washington in Securitization and Structured Finance Law with 1 lawyer.
- Top-Listed in Washington in Financial Services Regulation Law with 1 lawyer.
- Top-Listed in Washington in Public Finance Law with 4 lawyers.
- Top-Listed in Washington in Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law with 1 lawyer.
- Top-Listed in Seattle, Washington in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law with 5 lawyers.
- Top-Listed in Seattle, Washington in Real Estate Law with 7 lawyers.
- Top-Listed in Seattle, Washington in Public Finance Law with 4 lawyers.
- Top-Listed in Seattle, Washington in Litigation – Banking & Finance with 1 lawyer.
- Top-Listed in Seattle, Washington in Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law with 1 lawyer.
- Top-Listed in Seattle, Washington in Securitization and Structured Finance Law with 1 lawyer.
- Top-Listed in Seattle, Washington in Financial Services Regulation Law with 1 lawyer.
- Top-Listed in Spokane, Washington in Municipal Law with 2 lawyers.
Mr. Rodriguez Vidal was asked by American Bar Association President to chair the ABA Board of Governors’ Operations and Communications Committee and to become a member of the ABA Board’s Executive Committee during 2012-13. The Puerto Rico Bar Association (Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico) also honored Carlos A. Rodríguez Vidal with a special commendation for his long-time support and contributions to the Colegio. Vicente J. Antonetti Zequeira and Luis F. Antonetti Zequeira were again nominated by their peers to the Who’s Who of the World’s leading International Labor and Employment Lawyers for 2012. The Inter Continental Finance Magazine has recognized Goldman Antonetti & Cordova, LLC and Luis F. Antonetti, as Chair of its Labor and Employment Group, as Leading Inter Continental Lawyers. This honor is bestowed based on surveys of peer reviews in over one hundred jurisdictions and as many countries. Roberto Montalvo was elected First Vice President of the Puerto Rico Chamber of Commerce, and Rossell Barrios serves as Special Advisor to the Chamber’s President in 2012-13.
Gómez-Acebo & Pombo is widely recognized, nationally and internationally, for the quality of its legal services and has received awards and nominations over the past years for best management, customer service, innovation and technical excellence within its legal specializations. In many cases, the firm’s awards and accolades are bestowed by the clients themselves.
Currently more than seventy per cent of Gómez-Acebo & Pombo’s partners are hailed as best experts in their field by the directories Chambers & Partners Global and Europe, Legal 500, IFLR 1000 and Best Lawyers.
“The best law firm I have ever used in Europe.”
“The added value and the knowledge of the sector is truly second to none.”
“The team worked hard to understand the issue and our business needs.”
Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence 2014
“I value the lawyers’ ability to understand my business and to put themselves in my position in order to defend my company’s interests.” Chambers & Partners 2016
Honigman and its attorneys have been recognized by clients, peers, and the media for leadership in various endeavors. Some of their recent honors include the following:
• Ranked number one in Michigan for the key practice areas of Corporate/M&A, Intellectual Property, and Real Estate and ranked as a Band 1 firm for Litigation in Michigan in Chambers USA 2017; also recognized as leading practices in Michigan are their Labor and Employment and Banking and Finance practices
• Received a national ranking for 16 of our key practice areas in U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” for 2018
• Twenty-seven attorneys were ranked as leading attorneys in their practice areas by Chambers USA 2017.
• The Best Lawyers in America 2018 names 105 of the firms lawyers, 13 of whom are also named “Lawyer of the Year.”
• Michigan Super Lawyers 2017 names 112 Honigman attorneys, including 75 as Super Lawyers and 37 as Rising Stars
• Named to the State Bar of Michigan’s 2017 Circle of Excellence at the Leadership Level
• Recognized regionally 15 times and nationally five times as a Best and Brightest Company to Work For by the Michigan Business and Professional Association
• Recognized as a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press every year since 2011
- Bankruptcy: Best Law Firm Award for Bankruptcy Litigation in San Francisco; Corporate International’s 2013 Legal Award for Bankruptcy Firm of the Year in California (2013)
- Intellectual Property: Rod Berman included in the Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Who’s Who in LA Law: Angelenos to know in Intellectual Property (2013)
- Intellectual Property: Jeffrey Goldman included in the Daily Journal’s list of “Top 75 Intellectual Property Litigators” for fourth consecutive year (2013)
- Labor & Employment: Louise Ann Fernandez included in the Daily Journal’s list of “Top 75 Labor & Employment Lawyers” (2013)
- Litigation: Best Law Firm Award in Los Angeles for 1) Criminal Defense-White Collar Investigations, 2) Criminal Defense-Litigation and 3) Eminent Domain and Condemnation Litigation (2013)
- Real Estate: Jim Butler included in the Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Who’s Who in Real Estate” (2013)
- Real Estate: Jim Butler included in the Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Who’s Who in Real Estate” (2013)
- Best Lawyers in America: 10 JMBM attorneys were recognized as Best Lawyers (2013)
- Best Places to Work in Orange County: JMBM’s Irvine, California office ranked #1 in the large firm category (2013)
- Super Lawyers 2013: 37 JMBM attorneys were recognized as Super Lawyers (2013)
- Top-Rated Law Firm: JMBM is a “Top Rated Law Firm” based on the high number of JMBM lawyers with an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell (2013)
Corporate Counsel Magazine
Kean Miller has been recognized as a “Go-To” law firm in Louisiana by in-house counsel at major Fortune 500 companies for the past 8 years. The “Go-To Law Firms” list is compiled from a survey of Fortune® 500 in-house lawyers and is conducted by Corporate Counsel magazine. Only the law firms that meet the strict requirements of the Fortune 500 clients they serve are appointed. No law firm can request to be listed and less than one-half of one percent of all of the law firms in the U.S. and abroad are included.
Fifty-two Kean Miller attorneys (33%) are AV-rated by the Martindale-Hubbell legal directory. An AV-rating reflects the confidential opinions of bar members and the judiciary, and attests to the individual attorney’s legal ability and adherence to professional standards of ethics. The Martindale-Hubbell AV-rating indicates very high to preeminent legal ability and very high ethical standards as established by confidential opinions from members of the bar.
Many Kean Miller attorneys have been recognized for professional excellence by the prominent legal colleges. Mike McGlone, Charles McCowan, Gary Bezet, Vance Gibbs, Jim Dore, and Jim Silverstein are all members of the American College of Trial Lawyers. In addition, Carey Messina and Kyle McInnis are members of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, and Mack Gregorie is a member of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys.
Best Lawyers in America
Thirty-one Kean Miller attorneys are listed in the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America and eight are listed as Lawyers of the Year for 2016. Published biennially since 1983, The Best Lawyers in America is widely regarded as the preeminent referral guide to the legal profession in the United States. Compiled through an exhaustive peer-review in which thousands of the top attorneys in the U.S. confidentially evaluate their professional peers, the current edition of Best Lawyers is based on more than 4 million detailed evaluations of attorneys by other attorneys.
Eleven Kean Miller attorneys are listed in the 2015 edition of Chambers USA – America’s Leading Business Lawyers. Compiled through exhaustive surveys with over 4500 attorneys from Maine to Hawaii, the guide is based solely on market recommendation. Researchers spend one year canvassing clients and lawyers across the U.S. to obtain a consistent market view of which firms and attorneys are considered leaders in their field.
Leadership in Law
Nine Kean Miller partners have been recognized by New Orleans City Business magazine for their leadership in the legal community. Christopher J. Dicharry (2005), Michael G. “Mike” McGlone (2006), Glenn P. Orgeron(2008), Brad Schlotterer (2010), Karen Waters Shipman (2011), Stephen C. Hanemann (2012), Anthony M. Williams (2013), Charles R. “Chuck” Talley (2014) and Brett P. Fenasci (2015) have received the “Leadership in Law” award which recognizes the top 50 attorneys in the New Orleans area based on their professional, civic, and charitable endeavors.
Thirty-three Kean Miller attorneys are listed in the 2016 edition of Louisiana Super Lawyers. The publishers strictly adhere to a rigorous selection process by verifying and validating all data submitted by attorneys and law firms.
Louisiana State Bar Association Human Rights Award
The Louisiana State Bar Association has recognized Kean Miller with its Human Rights Award. The award recognizes the firm’s many contributions in promoting diversity and inclusion in the legal profession, including the Kean Miller Connection program.
Louisiana State Bar Association You Make A Difference Award
In 2013, Kean Miller and the Kean Miller Connection were recognized at the Louisiana State Bar Association Conclave on Diversity in the Legal Profession CLE. The “You Make a Difference” award was presented to the firm in recognition of our efforts to make the legal profession more inclusive, accessible and professional.
Kean Miller has been selected for the Louisiana Appleseed “Good Apple” award as a result of the firm’s pro bono project on dating violence prevention. Kean Miller attorneys helped research, draft, and pass legislation that requires dating violence prevention be taught in all Louisiana high schools.
One of the leading law firm in Slovenia by Legal500 https://www.legal500.com/firms/18097/24194
One of the leading recognized law firm 2018 in Slovenia by IFLR1000
3) Managing partner has been endorsed as a leading lawyer – rising star in 2018 by IFLR1000 https://www.iflr1000.com/Lawyer/Jan-Sibini/Profile/39765#profile
Chambers & Partners 2015
– Band 1 in 13 major practice areas
Legal 500 2015
– Tier1 in all 14 practice areas
IFLR 1000 2015
– Tier1 in all 6 practice areas
Asialaw Profiles 2015
– Highly recommended in 13 practice areas
ALB Korea Law Awards 2014
– Banking and Financial Services Law Firm of the Year
– Dealmaker of the Year
– In-House community firm of the year 2014 in South Korea (Anti-Trust/ Competition, Banking and Finance, Corporate and M&A, Employment, IP, TMT/ Most Responsive Domestic Firm of the Year in South Korea)
Apex Asia “2014 Asia IP Awards”
– 2014 Asia IP Korea Patent Firm of the Year
MKK Awards 2015
Best for Transaction Tax Matters – Indonesia. The 2015 International Tax Awards celebrates the firms, teams and rising stars of tomorrow who, through their dedication to outstanding performance, innovation and peerless client service are changing for the better the way in which we view and work within the international tax industry.
Acquisition International magazine announces that Mochtar Karuwin Komar is winner of the 2015 M&A Award.
Acquisition 2015 Mochtar Karuwin Komar – The Most Influential Practice in Employment Law in Indonesia.
Global Law Experts – Banking & Finance Lawyer of the Year in Indonesia – 2015.
Acquisition International selects MKK as the winner of the 2015 Dispute Resolution Award.
AsiaMena’s Deal of the Year 2015 for First Ship Lease Trust US$480 million refinancing loan.
Energy and Resources Deal of the Year and Indonesia Deal of the Year 2015 for Sarulla Geothermal Power Project.
ALB: Debt Market Deal of the year 2015 for Delivery of 35 New ATR 72-600 Aircraft.
Award for Excellence in Corporate Legal Services – Indonesia 2015 Acquisition.
Corporate LiveWire’s 2016 Excellence in M&A & Corporate Market Matters – Indonesia.
Acquisition International awarded MKK Best for M&A Tax Structuring – Indonesia.
AsiaLegal500 names Emir Kusumaatmadja, Enny P. Widhya and Craig Heggie as Leading Individuals.
AsiaLegal500 ranks MKK in Tier One for Shipping, Employment, Aviation and Restructuring.
MKK Awards 2014
Mochtar Karuwin Komar is a winner for the IAIR LEGAL AWARDS for Best Law Firm of the Year 2014.
Mid-Market winner of the 2014 Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award – Corporate Finance Law Firm of the Year in Singapore.
Enny P. Widhya was mentioned in Who’s Who Legal of Aviation in 2014.
IFLR ranked MKK in the second tier for M&A transactions.
Chambers mentioned Emir Kusumaatmadja as a Leading Individual for Natural Resources and Banking and Sukrisman Husein for employment.
AsiaLegal500 ranks MKK in tier one for Employment, Restructuring and Insolvency, Shipping and Tax.
AsiaLegal500 ranks MKK in tier two for Projects and Energy.
AsiaLegal500 mentions Emir Kusumaatmadja as a Leading Individual for banking and Finance and Miranti Ramadhani as a Leading Individual for Capital Markets and Corporate.
2014 Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award: ‘Banking & Finance Lawyer of the Year in Indonesia’.
AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers ranks Emir Kusumaatmadja and Enny P. Widhya as Leading Lawyers and Chris Naziris as a Rising Star.
Mochtar Karuwin Komar are winners in the much awaited Lawyers World 2014 Country Awards.
Acquisition International: Mochtar Karuwin Komar has been chosen as Top-Tier Employment Law Firm of the Year – Indonesia.
International Star award for Quality 15th International Quality Convention, Geneva, 2014 Gold Category ISAQ award.
MKK won the debt market deal of the year from Legal Business Online for the Financing for Garuda Indonesia’s Delivery of 35 New ATR 72-600 Aircraft (http://www.legalbusinessonline.com/Indonesia-law-awards-2014)
MKK Awards 2013
The IFLR Legal 1,000 Guide to the Leading Financial Law firms ranks Ariani Nugraha, the Partner responsible for the Transactions team, as a leading individual in Mergers and Acquisitions.
AsiaLegal500 ranks MKK in 2nd tier for Banking, in 2nd tier for corporate, in 1st tier for Employment, in 2nd tier for Projects and Energy, in 2nd tier for Real Estate, in 1st tier for Restructuring and Insolvency, in 1st tier for Shipping and in 2nd tier for Tax.
AsiaLegal500 cites Craig Heggie as a Leading Individual for Shipping and Emir Kusumaatmadja as a Leading Individual for Restructuring and Insolvency.
MKK won honorable mention for Asian – Mena Counsel’s Firm of The Year for Banking and Finance.
IFLR ranks MKK in 2nd tier for Capital Markets.
MKK wins as Legal Counsel for the Issuer (Indonesian law) in the 2013 Islamic Finance News Wakalah Deal of the Year for the PT Astra Sedaya Finance US$50 million Wakalah Syndicated Financing Deal.
Chambers and Partners – Bolivian Law Firm of The Year (2015, 2013, 2011, 2010)
The Legal 500 – The best Ranking Law Firm in Bolivia (2015, 2014, 2013,2012)
Latin Lawyer 250 – The The best Ranking Law Firm in Bolivia (2015, 2014, 2013,2012, 2011)
Global Arbitration Review GAR 100 ‘ One of the top most important 100 law firms in arbitration in the world (2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011)
Rhona Adams- Corporate Livewire Awards: Lawyer of the Year Award – Family Law, Edinburgh
Fiona Sasan- Corporate Livewire Awards: Lawyer of the Year Award – Family Law, Glasgow
Family Law Firm of the Year in Scotland in the Corporate Intl Magazine Legal Awards
Chambers USA 2014 Rankings (10 practices and 25 partners):
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Band 5)
- Corporate/M&A & Private Equity (Band 4)
- Insurance: Dispute Resolution (Band 2)
- Intellectual Property (Band 3)
- Labor & Employment (Band 4)
- Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation (Band 3)
- Litigation: General Commercial (Band 4)
- Real Estate (Band 3)
- Tax (Band 3)
- Technology & Outsourcing (Band 3)
U.S. News-Best Lawyers 2014 “Best Law Firms” (21 practices ranked nationally, 25 practices ranked locally)
- Tier 1: Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), Tax Law, Trademark Law
- Tier 2: Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Employment Law – Management, Environmental Law, Information Technology Law, Insurance Law, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Patent, Litigation – Securities, Patent Law, Real Estate Law, Trusts & Estates Law
- Tier 3: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Antitrust, Litigation – Environmental, Litigation – Tax
Awards Received in the Last 12 Months:
- Jason C. Kim and Brody W. Weichbrodt named to Diversity MBA Magazine’s Top 100 Under 50 List
- Jenny S. Kim and Eric Y. Choi named to Lawyers of Color’s 2014 “Hot List”
- Neal Gerber Eisenberg included in the 2014 edition of The Legal 500 United States
- 38 attorneys named to Illinois Super Lawyers
- 43 attorneys named to The Best Lawyers in America 2014
- Partners Robert E. Browne and James K. Gardner recognized as Best Lawyers’ 2014 Lawyers of the Year
- Partners John A. Cullis, Lee J. Eulgen, Michael G. Kelber and Antony J. McShane named to World Trademark Review 1000
- Partners Jill B. Berkeley, Angela R. Elbert and Nicholas M. Miller named to Illinois Super Lawyers’ Top 100 List for 2014
- Partner Christopher D. Mickus named to National Law Journal’s “40 Under 40 Chicago Rising Stars” List
- Recognized as a leading law firm in Illinois for LGBT inclusiveness and equality by Equality Illinois
- Partner William Choslovsky awarded the Sister Rosemary Connelly Service Medallion for his work in Ligas v. Hamos
- Sonia Menon, COO, will be featured in the upcoming edition of Profiles in Diversity Journal’s “Women Worth Watching”
- Sonia Menon, COO, was a panelist at the Minority Corporate Counsel Association’s Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference 2014
- Recognized by Working Mother Magazine and Flex-Time Lawyers as a “Best Law Firm for Women”
- Partner Seth D. Lamden named to Law Bulletin Publishing Company’s 2013 “40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch”
- Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy practice group received the Turnaround Management Association’s 2013 Small Company Turnaround of the Year Award for its role in helping a client.
Chambers Colombian Law Firm of the year 2015
Chambers Client Service Excellence Award 2014
Chambers Colombian Law Firm of the year 2011
Chambers Colombian Law Firm of the year 2010
Latin Lawyer 2011 Deal of the year winner
Who’s Who Colombian Law Firm of the year 2017
U.S. News & World Report – Best Law Firms First-Tier Firm: (2012 and 2013) National: Music, (2013) Metropolitan: Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures & Television and Music, Family Law, Real Estate Law, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Immigration Law, and Trusts & Estates Law
- Robinson Bradshaw Named ‘North Carolina Firm of the Year’ by Benchmark Litigation
- Sixty-one Robinson Bradshaw lawyers recognized by North Carolina Super Lawyers® (2013)
- Nineteen lawyers recognized by Business North Carolina Magazine as Legal Elite® (2012-2013)
- Robinson Bradshaw named by American Lawyer Media as one of the “2013 Go-To Law Firms at the Top 500 Companies” for its Labor Litigation practice area
- Five Robinson Bradshaw lawyers named as Best Lawyers’ ‘2013 Charlotte Lawyers of the Year’
- Best Lawyers in America® (2013), named Robinson Bradshaw number one in North Carolina in the following categories: Corporate Law, Banking and Finance Law, Bet-the- Company Litigation, Corporate Governance Law, Public Finance Law, International Trade and Finance Law, Litigation – Land Use & Zoning, Sports Law, Securities Regulation, Corporate Compliance Law, Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures & Television, Litigation – Municipal, Natural Resources Law, Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law
- Sixty-nine Robinson Bradshaw lawyers listed in Best Lawyers in America® (2013)
National Firm of the Year: Peru 2015, by International Financial Law Review (IFLR).
Firm of the Year: Peru 2015, by The Who’s Who Legal (Tenth time in a row since 2006).
Law Firm of the Year: Andes 2015, by Latin Finance.
Peru Law Firm of the Year 2014, by Chambers and Partners Latinamerica (Also in 2012 and 2010).
The Legal 500 Latin America 2014, only Peruvian firm ranked in all firm-wide categories.
Deal of the Year / M&A 2015, by Latin Lawyer.
Global M&A Deal of the Year: Latin America/Peru, by American Lawyer awards.
Latin American Loan 2014 by International Financing Review – IFR (Thomson Reuters), Best Loan 2014 by LatinFinance.
Tax Firm of the Year: Peru 2013 by International Tax Review (ITR).
• 13 partners were recognized by Chambers USA in their 2015 guide. Additionally, four practices received band recognition: Antitrust, Corporate/M&A, Labor & Employment, Commercial Litigation
• Richard H. Sinkfield and Hunter R. Hughes III was named to the 2015 Georgia Super Lawyers’ Top 100 list
• In 2015, sixteen attorneys were named to the Georgia Super Lawyers list
• In 2015, Benchmark Litigation again awarded Rogers & Hardin its highest rating in defense litigation. Additionally, six partners were named Litigation Stars
• U.S. News and The Best Lawyers in America awards Rogers & Hardin with Tier 1 ranking status in 18 practice areas in their 2015 ranking
• The Best Lawyers in America recognized Tony G. Powers as their 2015 Atlanta Lawyer of the Year – Securities Litigation, and Robert B. Remar as their 2015 Atlanta Lawyer of the Year – Administration/Regulatory. Last year, Best Lawyers recognized Mr. Remar as their 2014 Atlanta Attorney of the Year – First Amendment. Also in 2014, Hunter R. Hughes III and Richard H. Sinkfield were recognized as 2014 Atlanta Attorneys of the Year, in the Mediation and in the Litigation – M&A categories respectively
• The Best Lawyers in America recognized 19 Rogers & Hardin attorneys in their 2015 guide
• Six Rogers & Hardin attorneys were named to the 2015 Georgia Trends Legal Elite
Forty-Seven Lawyers from Sherman & Howard’s Denver office were recognized as 2014 “Best Lawyers in America.”
Sherman & Howard received the Top Listed designation by “Best Lawyers in America” in 12 areas of law for 2014.
Sherman & Howard lawyer in Denver is listed as one of the world’s leading commercial arbitration experts in the 2014 International Who’s Who of Commercial Arbitration by the International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers.
15 Sherman & Howard lawyers and four Sherman & Howard practice areas among the nation’s lawyers and law firms in the 2013 release of “Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.”
4 Sherman & Howard lawyers named 2013 Southwest “Super Lawyers.”
Sherman & Howard recognized as one of the Top Three Law Firms in Denver by “Corporate Board Member” Magazine 2012.
64 Sherman & Howard Attorneys included in Best Lawyers in America 2013 Edition.
6 Sherman & Howard Attorneys recognized as “Lawyers of the Year” in Best Lawyers in America 2013 Edition.
Chambers and Partners 2017:
Employment, band 4
Corporate/Commercial, band 4
Dispute Resolution – Noted firm
Commercial/Corporate and M&A – Tier 2
Real Estate and Construction – Tier 4
Milan Samardžić is recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” in the Financial and Corporate practice area.
Financial and Corporate practice, Tier 3
Asian Legal Business Hong Kong Law Awards 2016, finalists in the following categories:
Arbitration Law Firm of the Year
Matrimonial Law Firm of the Year
Deal Firm of the Year
Insolvency and Restructuring Law Firm of the Year
Real Estate Law Firm of the Year
Litigation Law Firm of the Year
- Honored among the nation’s “Best Law Firms” in U.S. News-Best Lawyers® 2016 rankings. Received 28 national rankings, including tier-one designations in 10 practice areas. Named “Law Firm of the Year” in Oil & Gas Law for 2011-2013, 2015.
- Ranked in Chambers USA 2016 by Chambers & Partners among the nation’s top nine firms in Energy: Oil and Gas (Transactional) and among Texas’ top firms in Antitrust, Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Capital Markets: Debt & Equity, Corporate/M&A, Energy: State Regulatory & Litigation (Electricity), Energy: State Regulatory & Litigation (Oil & Gas), Environment, Healthcare, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Litigation: General Commercial, Real Estate, and Tax.
- Four Thompson & Knight Partners are cited for their exceptional legal careers in Chambers Global 2016 by Chambers & Partners.
- Among the most highly recognized law firms in the United States in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 by Woodward/White Inc. Thompson & Knight is “Top Listed” in Dallas in the fields of: Antitrust Law, Banking and Finance Law, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, Energy Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Litigation-Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), Natural Resources Law, Oil and Gas Law, Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants, Securitization and Structured Finance Law, Tax Law, and Trusts and Estates; and “Top Listed” in Houston in Oil & Gas Law.
- Five attorneys named “Lawyer of the Year” by The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 by Woodward/White Inc.
- Ranked by The Legal 500 US 2016 by Legalease among the nation’s top firms in Energy: Litigation; Energy: Regulatory; Energy: Transactions; Labor and Employment: Labor and Employment Litigation; M&A/Corporate and Commercial: M&A – Middle-Market (Sub-$500m); Real Estate and Construction: Real Estate; Tax: US Taxes: Contentious; Tax: International Tax; and Tax: US Taxes: Non-Contentious.
- Algiers office is recognized as a Top-Tier Firm in Energy in The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2015 directory by Legalease.
- Recognized in Texas Super Lawyers® 2015 and Texas Rising Stars® 2015 by Thomson Reuters.
- Recognized in “Best Lawyers in Dallas” by D Magazine in 2016, and in “Top Lawyers in Houston” by H Texas Magazine and “Top Attorneys” by Fort Worth, Texas magazine in 2015.
- “Recommended Litigation Firm” in Texas by Benchmark Litigation 2016.
- One of the top firms in Texas for providing top-quality patent services in the litigation and transaction categories in the 2016 IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners by Intellectual Asset Management magazine.
- One of the top firms in the 2016 World Trademark 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Practitioners, the only standalone research directory to focus exclusively on trademark practices and practitioners.
- Recognized for superior client service in a field of more than 300 law firms serving Fortune 1000 companies in the 2016 BTI Client Service A-Team survey.
- One of the “Best Places to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal (for 13 consecutive years) and the Houston Business Journal (for three consecutive years).
- Ranked the only Texas-based law firm and among the top six law firms in the U.S. in Vault’s 2017 “The Best Law Firms to Work For”. The Firm also received the top ranking in Substantive Work; Informal Training, Mentoring & Sponsorship; and Career Outlook.
Winner of Legal Week’s “Real Estate Team of the Year” Corporate Counsel Middle East Awards 2016
Short-listed for Real Estate Firm of the Year, The Lawyer Awards 2013
Highly commended, Real Estate Team of the Year, Legal Business Awards 2013
Recognised in The Lawyer UK200 2013 – Top 15 UK law firm by real estate revenue
Recommended for 56 practices and industry areas in Legal 500 UK and EMEA
Recommended for 35 practices and industry areas in Chambers UK and Chambers Global
- UGGC Law Firm is recommended in the International Reference Guide ‘Legal 500′ (2013/2014 edition) in Mergers and Acquisitions
- UGGC Law Firm is recommended in the International Reference Guide ‘Legal 500′ (2013/2014 edition) in EU competition and distribution
- The Team of Public Business Law of UGGC received for the third consecutive time, the Gold Trophy of the Magazine ‘Decideurs’ 2013
- UGGC is recommended for tis activities in environment law
Thanks to achievements acquired in its operations based on results of clients and peers’ evaluation and ranking, in recent years Vision & Associates have received some highly coveted awards, including:
• “Corporate Law Firm of the Year in Vietnam – 2017” in the 2017 Annual Awards by Global Law Experts;
• “Best in International Economic Law – Vietnam” for International Frontier Markets Awards 2017 by Markets Monthly;
• “Best Professional Consultancy 2017 – Vietnam & Award for Excellence in Financial Services – Vietnam” in 2017 Business Excellence Awards and one of 2017’s “Leading Advisers of the Year, Vietnam” by Acquisition International Magazine;
• “Law Firm of the Year – FDI – Vietnam” in Global Awards – 2017 by the M&A Today;
• “Corporate M&A Law Firm of the Year” in 2017 M&A Awards by Corporate Livewire;
• “Corporate Law Firm of the Year in Vietnam” in 2017 Global Awards by Corporate Intl Magazine;
• “Asian-mena Counsel’s Deals of the Year 2016” for “Ponaflex IP Dispute” handled by Vision & Associates;
• “Best in M&A Law” in Business Elite 2016 Awards and “Best in Foreign Direct Investment Law – Vietnam” in 2016 Legal Awards by APAC Insider;
• “Best Firm in Vietnam” for Asia Women in Business Law Awards 2015 by Euromoney Legal Media Group;
• “Vietnam Deal Firm Of The Year Awards” in SE Asia Law Awards 2015 by ALB;
• “IP Law Firm of the Year – Vietnam” in The Corporate Livewire Legal Awards 2015;
• “Best M&A Law Firm 2015 & Award for Innovation in Corporate Law – Vietnam”; “2015 Dispute Resolution Awards” and “Best in Commercial Law- Vietnam” in the 2015 Business Excellence Awards by Acquisition INTL;
• Shortlist for “Antitrust and Competition Law Firm of the Year- Vietnam” in Legal Awards 2015 by the Lawyer Monthly;
• Shortlist for “2015 Asia IP Copyright Survey” by Asia IP;
• “Vietnam Largest Law Firm” in ALB Top 50 Largest Law Firms 2014 by ALB;
• “Best Firm in Vietnam” for Asia Women in Business Law Awards 2014 by Euromoney Legal Media Group;
• “Banking & Finance Law Firm of the Year in Vietnam – 2014” by Global Law Experts;
• “FDI Law Firm of the Year in Vietnam – 2014” Award by Corporate INTL;
• Gold Band in 2014 Vietnam’s IP legal market by World Trademark Review;
• “Best Firm in Vietnam” for Asia Women in Business Law Awards 2013 by Euromoney Legal Media Group;
• “Vietnam Largest Law Firm” in ALB Top 50 Largest Law Firms 2013 and Shortlist for the “ALB SE Asia Law Award 2013” by Asian Legal Business;
• Shortlist for the “2013 Asian IP Awards” by Asian IP;
• Shortlist for the “Law Firm of the Year for Vietnam 2013” Award by Chambers Asia;
• “2012 FDI Law Firm of the Year in Vietnam” Award by Corporate INTL;
• Leading Firm in World Tax 2012 by International Tax Review;
• “2011 Business Law Firm of the Year” Award by Corporate INTL;
• Gold Band in 2011 Vietnam’s IP legal market by World Trademark Review;
• “Law Firm of the Year for Vietnam 2010” Award by Chambers Asia;
• “2010 Capital Markets Law Firm of the Year in Vietnam” Award by Corporate INTL;
• “Law Firm of the Year 2009” Award by Vietnam’s Ministry of Justice; and
• “Best Vietnam Deal 2008” Award by Finance Asia.
Woods Rogers is recognized by Corporate Counsel magazine as a “Go-To Law Firm” for delivering “exceptional work” to Fortune 500 in-house legal departments. Chambers and Partners has recognized the firms Labor and Employment and Litigation practice areas. Our legal team includes Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, and Best Lawyers. In addition, the firm is included regularly in top industry rankings such as Martindale-Hubbell’s AV-Rated Lawyers and Virginia Business magazine’s Legal Elite.
TOP 50 Asian Law Firm, ALB
TOP 20 Law Firm in China, ALB