City: Amsterdam, Breda, Eindhoven, Rotterdam
Regions: Europe/Middle East/Africa
AKD is one of the largest law firms in the Netherlands. With a team of over 220 lawyers, civil-law notaries and tax lawyers, AKD delivers high quality legal services and handles tax matters in nearly all legal fields, based on a full-service approach. We are involved in many high profile cases and projects in the Netherlands and many of our lawyers are recognized in international league tables as leading in their fields of expertise. AKD has offices in Amsterdam, Breda, Eindhoven, Rotterdam and Brussels.
Main practice areas:
Arbitration & Dispute Resolution
Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Reorganization
Business, Commercial & Corporate Law
Employment & Labor
European Union Law
Land Use and Real Property
Mergers & Acquisitions
White Collar Criminal Defense
Banking & Finance: AKD offers the full range of banking & finance services for clients in the post-2008 economy. This group’s financing experience for sponsors, lenders and borrowers is extensive. The team also offers substantial expertise in all areas of financial services regulation.
Construction & Real Estate: Our team is advising front and centre on many of major construction and development projects taking place in the Netherlands today. The group offers strength in all of real estate, construction, projects, PFI, planning and environmental law. AKD is a market leader in this space.
Corporate/M&A: With 65 lawyers based around the country, this team combines global best practice and domestic proximity on national and cross-border corporate/M&A mandates. The group is also active in the field of private equity and private auction. The group works with leading entities in all major business sectors.
Corporate Recovery & Insolvency: AKD offers clients the peace of mind which comes from working with one of the largest and most experienced restructuring and insolvency teams in the country. The group is also appointed as bankruptcy trustee.
Employment: This well regarded group of thought leaders is a trusted adviser to major corporate entities in the Netherlands, with lawyers based across the country This team is particularly strong on high complex and/or precedent-setting matters.
European & Competition: The firm’s Brussels and Netherlands-based team focuses on competition, state aid and public procurement, working with clients in both the public and private sectors.
Intellectual Property & Technology: Trademark and copyright advice is the strong suit of the firm’s team. The group also has deep experience in piracy (AKD is a member of CAPIP.EU) and counterfeit goods as well as parallel trade.
Litigation & Arbitration: Clients can rely on the skills of the firm’s litigators and arbitration specialists in contentious matters. This team offers disputes avoidance and ADR capabilities as well as strength in the courtroom.
Regulatory & Governmental Affairs: An undisputed market leader in this field, private and public sector clients in all industries turn to the firm’s regulatory and governmental affairs team on their major matters. This is a stand out practice for the firm as a whole.
Tax: AKD tax lawyers pro-actively advise clients on the Dutch and international tax aspects of their activities, help them structure business activities tax-efficiently, optimize their tax position, minimize tax risks and take care of clients’ tax compliance needs.
Transport & Energy: AKD is a strong all-rounder, working with clients from across the globe and providing both contentious and non-contentious counsel. With deep experience in national and global carriage of goods, this team’s expertise also includes logistics services. AKD is a leading adviser on major transport and trade matters in the Netherlands.
All Interlaw Firms
- Advokatfirmaet Haavind AS
- Advokatfirman Wåhlin AB
- Aird & Berlis LLP
- Akerman LLP
- AMOSS Solicitors
- Andrey Delchev & Partners Eurolex Bulgaria
- Arias, Fábrega & Fábrega
- ARNECKE SIBETH Partnerschaftsgesellschaft MbB
- Barrocas Advogados
- BINDER GRÖSSWANG Rechtsanwälte GmbH
- Blumenthal Richter & Sumet
- Brons & Salas
- BRP Renaud und Partner mbB
- Camilleri Preziosi
- Capital Legal Services
- Cariola Diez Pérez-Cotapos & Cia. Ltda.
- Chajec, Don-Siemion & Żyto Legal Advisors
- Christodoulos G. Vassiliades & Co. LLC
- Colin Ng & Partners LLP
- De Berti Jacchia Franchini Forlani
- De Grandpré Chait LLP
- DELTA legal, advokátní kancelář s.r.o.
- Femil Čurt Law Office
- Fortune Manning
- Foster Pepper PLLC
- GKG Law, P.C.
- Goldman, Antonetti & Córdova, LLC
- Gómez-Acebo & Pombo Abogados, S.L.
- Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP
- Hunt & Hunt Lawyers
- Janson Baugniet
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Kean Miller LLP
- Konstantinović & Miloševski
- Lang & Rahmann
- Law Firm Sibinčič Križanec
- Law Offices of Jean-Charles S. Gardetto
- LEAD Advogados
- Lee & Ko
- Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill
- Lukšić & Živković-Milić
- Luthra & Luthra Law Offices
- M. Firon & Co.
- Manucci Advogados
- Mazanti-Andersen Korsø Jensen
- Mochtar Karuwin Komar (MKK)
- MOLITOR Avocats à la Cour
- Momo-o, Matsuo & Namba
- Moreno Baldivieso Law Offices
- Morton Fraser
- Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP
- ONV LAW
- Owen Bird Law Corporation
- Pereyra & Asociados
- Pérez Bustamante & Ponce
- POLÁČEK & PARTNERS s.r.o.
- Posse Herrera Ruiz
- Pryor Cashman LLP
- Quasha, Ancheta, Peña & Nolasco
- Ramírez, Gutiérrez-Azpe, Rodríguez-Rivero y Hurtado, S.C.
- Robinson, Bradshaw & Hinson, P.A.
- Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano Abogados
- Rodríguez & Mendoza
- Rogers & Hardin LLP
- Rokas Law Firm
- Sherman & Howard L.L.C.
- Shipman & Goodwin LLP
- SOG / Samardžić, Oreški & Grbović
- Stevenson, Wong & Co.
- Tess Advogados
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thouvenin Rechtsanwälte KLG
- Tohme Law Firm
- Trowers & Hamlins
- Trowers & Hamlins Middle East
- UGGC Avocats
- Vision & Associates
- Waselius & Wist
- Winkler Partners
- Wolff Gstoehl Bruckschweiger
- Woods Rogers PLC
- Zhonglun W&D