City: Birmingham, Exeter, London, Manchester
Regions: Europe/Middle East/Africa
Trowers & Hamlins is an international full-service law firm with 156 partners and more than 330 lawyers with local knowledge and expertise through offices located in London, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Birmingham, Dubai, Exeter, Malaysia, Manchester and Oman.
The firms clients are diverse and include banks, pension funds, embassies, institutional investors, private equity funds, public and private companies, government departments, charities and high net worth individuals across a diverse range of industry sectors.
Main practice areas:
Banking and Finance
Employment and Pensions
Energy and Infrastructure
Projects and infrastructure
Public sector / Local government
Housing and Regeneration
The firm has a long established track record for its inward investment work from the Middle East, Far East, Europe, North America and elsewhere in a range of asset classes and sectors.
Towers & Hamlins real estate team advises those wishing to invest in the UK from overseas on UK property investment, development and funding, both residential and development. Their multi-disciplinary real estate team advises on investment and development across commercial, retail, residential and mixed-use real estate with a strong inward investment practice. Their award-winning construction practice is, justifiably, one of the leaders in the legal field.
The firms commercial and corporate lawyers advise on domestic and cross-border acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, private equity, corporate finance, commercial contracts and company law, IT-related matters, copyright and trademark issues and the law relating to data protection. The firm also has a long-established reputation for providing a comprehensive private client service to high-net-worth individuals, companies and trusts, internationally.
Towers & Hamlins Energy and Sustainability group combines specialist lawyers from across the firm – bringing together key sector experience on energy projects, sustainability initiatives and transactions involving natural resources.
The firms banking and finance expertise covers a broad range of transactions and finance types including asset finance, housing finance, Islamic finance, project finance and real estate finance. The team is experienced in advising clients across the sector including lenders, borrowers, funders, investors (private and institutional) and intermediaries on both traditional and alternative financings and investment opportunities.
Towers & Hamlins litigation practice supports clients in contractual and commercial property disputes, fraud and asset recovery, banking and financial disputes, professional negligence – especially in the construction and engineering fields – and judicial review and contentious procurement, in the UK or overseas
With a leading reputation in the provision of legal services, globally, Trowers & Hamlins are ranked in over 90 categories across the UK and international editions of The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, the independent legal directories, and was the winner of ‘Excellence in International Legal Services’ in The Law Society Excellence Awards, 2015.
The firm has a strong established presence in the Middle East since 1959 and has been involved in and continues to work on many ‘first in country’ and ground-breaking projects and transactions. The team has an unrivalled track record of advising in-coming foreign investors seeking to take equity stakes or other roles in companies in the region. The team has advised on Islamic finance transactions for more than 15 years, advising a wide range of Islamic banks, financial institutions, companies and other entities on Shari’ah compliant transactions and funding structures.
All Interlaw Firms
- Advokatfirmaet Haavind AS
- Advokatfirman Wåhlin AB
- Aird & Berlis LLP
- Akerman LLP
- AMOSS Solicitors
- Andrey Delchev & Partners Eurolex Bulgaria
- Arias, Fábrega & Fábrega
- ARNECKE SIBETH Partnerschaftsgesellschaft MbB
- Barrocas Advogados
- BINDER GRÖSSWANG Rechtsanwälte GmbH
- Blumenthal Richter & Sumet
- Brons & Salas
- BRP Renaud und Partner mbB
- Camilleri Preziosi
- Capital Legal Services
- Cariola Diez Pérez-Cotapos & Cia. Ltda.
- Chajec, Don-Siemion & Żyto Legal Advisors
- Christodoulos G. Vassiliades & Co. LLC
- Colin Ng & Partners LLP
- De Berti Jacchia Franchini Forlani
- De Grandpré Chait LLP
- DELTA legal, advokátní kancelář s.r.o.
- Femil Čurt Law Office
- Fortune Manning
- Foster Pepper PLLC
- GKG Law, P.C.
- Goldman, Antonetti & Córdova, LLC
- Gómez-Acebo & Pombo Abogados, S.L.
- Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP
- Hunt & Hunt Lawyers
- Janson Baugniet
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Kean Miller LLP
- Konstantinović & Miloševski
- Lang & Rahmann
- Law Firm Sibinčič Križanec
- Law Offices of Jean-Charles S. Gardetto
- LEAD Advogados
- Lee & Ko
- Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill
- Lukšić & Živković-Milić
- Luthra & Luthra Law Offices
- M. Firon & Co.
- Manucci Advogados
- Mazanti-Andersen Korsø Jensen
- Mochtar Karuwin Komar (MKK)
- MOLITOR Avocats à la Cour
- Momo-o, Matsuo & Namba
- Moreno Baldivieso Law Offices
- Morton Fraser
- Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP
- ONV LAW
- Owen Bird Law Corporation
- Pereyra & Asociados
- Pérez Bustamante & Ponce
- POLÁČEK & PARTNERS s.r.o.
- Posse Herrera Ruiz
- Pryor Cashman LLP
- Quasha, Ancheta, Peña & Nolasco
- Ramírez, Gutiérrez-Azpe, Rodríguez-Rivero y Hurtado, S.C.
- Robinson, Bradshaw & Hinson, P.A.
- Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano Abogados
- Rodríguez & Mendoza
- Rogers & Hardin LLP
- Rokas Law Firm
- Sherman & Howard L.L.C.
- Shipman & Goodwin LLP
- SOG / Samardžić, Oreški & Grbović
- Stevenson, Wong & Co.
- Tess Advogados
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thouvenin Rechtsanwälte KLG
- Tohme Law Firm
- Trowers & Hamlins
- Trowers & Hamlins Middle East
- UGGC Avocats
- Vision & Associates
- Waselius & Wist
- Winkler Partners
- Wolff Gstoehl Bruckschweiger
- Woods Rogers PLC
- Zhonglun W&D